Metal Roof Restoration in Lindon
At Tony's Contractor LLC, we offer all our residential clients metal roofing options in tin, zinc, aluminum, copper and galvanized steel. This wide range of roofing materials means that we can cater to the needs of residential clients of all shapes and sizes. So, what are you waiting for? Call us today and allow us to help you.
Pros and Cons of Metal Roofs
Like anything in life, there’s a wide range of advantages and disadvantages to having a metal roof installed in your Lindon home. Five of the biggest pros and cons that metal roofs offer homeowners include:
- 1. Longevity: In general, metal roofs can last upwards of 70 years, depending on the material used. By contrast, traditional asphalt roofing materials generally have an estimated life expectancy of 20 years.
- 2. Durability: The strength of the metal roofs that we at Tony's Contractor LLC can sustain wind gusts of up to 140 miles per hour and will not corrode and crack irrespective of the weather conditions that is thrown at them. On top of that, metal roofs do not need regular maintenance work to keep them at the highest level possible.
- 3. Safety: One of the biggest safety features of metal roofs is that they will not spark or ignite into flames during a lightning strike or a forest fire should your home be susceptible to this kind of disaster.
- 4. Energy Efficiency: By reflecting solar radiant heat, metal roofs can reduce your cooling costs by 20% or 25%.
- 5. Environmentally Friendly: An often-overlooked aspect of metal roofs is that they contain upwards of 80% of recycled content, depending on the material used and are also 100% recyclable at the end of their lifespan. By contrast, shingles are not recyclable and therefore far less eco-friendly for your Lindon home.
- 1. Price: There are no two ways about it, metal roofs are not cheap. On average, metal roofs can be two or three times as expensive as other types of roofing material. On top of that, while metal roofs are long-lasting, it only makes sense if you plan to stay in your Lindon home long enough to enjoy the benefits.
- 2. Noise Level: The simple fact of the matter is that metal roofs can be extremely noisy, this is particularly true during a rain or hailstorm. Adding installation during the installation process could remedy this but this could increase costs.
- 3. Expansion Issues: Unfortunately, if installed incorrectly metal roofs can breathe and expand, thereby allowing the panels to loosen too much.
- 4. Color Inconsistency: Another issue with metal roofs is that it can be difficult to find the correct color if a home extension or addition is required.
- 5. Performance: The one drawback of metal roofs is that if water happens to accumulate anywhere on the roof due to poor installation then it can eventually cause serious damage to occur. Similarly, certain metals rust in climates with changeable weather systems or areas that are prone to hailstorms or other heavy downpours.